Ceilidh In The County
Live Music Funding Program
Ceilidh in the County Funding Program is a program for community centres (with a capacity of under 250 people) and Municipal parks or venues to apply for financial support for booking live musical performances, puppet shows, storytellers, holiday-themed performers, artists etc. beginning on October 17.
PROGRAM TIMELINE (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- October 3 – Applications open and are ongoing. Destination Eastern and Northumberland Shores will review the applications as they come in and will be in contact with the applicants within five business days.
ELIGIBILITY & CRITERIA
This funding program is open to community centres and Municipal parks that provide performances such as storytellers, puppet shows, holiday-themed performers, artists, musicians etc.
Grant recipient responsibilities:
- It is the responsibility of the venue to select, book and coordinate performances.
- Venues are eligible to apply if their capacity is less than 250 people.
- Equal consideration should be given to all performers to create a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Performance funding is meant for performer fees only. Any other expense related to facilitating performances (example: audio visual) will be the responsibility of the venue.
- Venues/organizers are responsible for license(s), set-up, tear-down and venue cost(s).
- Businesses must provide performance date(s) to DEANS for promotion on their website – coastalnovascotia.ca.
- Each grant recipient must provide proof of payment to the performer.
- Grant recipients will only receive funding for shows scheduled between October 17 and December 21, 2022.