Music on Main Streets
Live Music Funding Program
The Music on Main Streets is a federally approved funding program for restaurants and cafes to offer live musical performances from October 17 until December 21, 2022. The program outcomes encourage downtown revitalization, shopping local and rediscovering our community spirit.
- October 5 – Applications open and are ongoing until funds are depleted. Destination Eastern and Northumberland Shores will review the applications as they come in and will be in contact with the applicants within five business days.
- October 17 to December 21 – Music on Main Streets Performances
ELIGIBILITY & CRITERIA
This funding program is open to restaurants cafes that plan to provide live music.
- It is the responsibility of the venue to select, book and coordinate artists.
- Equal consideration should be given to all artists to create a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Performance funding is meant for artist fees only. Any other expense related to facilitating performances (example: audio visual) will be the responsibility of the venue.
- Businesses must provide performance date(s) to DEANS for promotion on their website – coastalnovascotia.ca.
- Each approved applicant must provide proof of payment to the artist to be reimbursed payment.
- Applicants will only receive funding for shows scheduled between October 17 and December 21, 2022.