Residents of Nova Scotia, we encourage you to explore the beauty in our own backyard. Be sure to check ahead with restaurants, accommodations, and attractions to ensure they are open and to learn what safety precautions are required before you go.
Add #CanadaNICE, #RediscoverNovaScotia and #(your community)NICE to your social posts.
Patio Lanterns Live Music Funding Program
The Patio Lanterns Live Music Funding Program is a program for restaurants and bars to apply for financial support for booking live music programming and activations throughout the summer and fall of 2021 as part of the Patio Lanterns Festival. Grants available range start at $300.
Program Timeline (subject to change)
- July 9 – applications open
- July 16 @ 5pm – Deadline for submissions
- Week of July 19 – Evaluation period
- Week of July 19 – Communication to applicants
All applications must be submitted by Friday, July 16, 2021 at 5:00 pm ADT.
Eligibility & Criteria
The funding program is open to venues that provide live music as part of their customer attraction strategy. This may include bars, cafes, restaurants, and other types of business (patio is not required).
Grant recipient responsibilities:
- Venues must adhere to and follow all current COVID health/safety protocols mandated by the Government of Nova Scotia.
- It is the responsibility of Venues to select, book, and coordinate artists.
- Equal consideration should be given to all artists and performers to create a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Performance Funding is meant for artist fees only. Any other expense related to facilitating performances (example: Audio Visual) will be the responsibility of the Venue.
- Businesses must provide performance date(s) to DEANS for promotion on the Patio Lanterns website.
- Each grant recipient must provide proof of payment to the artist.
- Grant recipients will only receive funding for shows scheduled between July 26th and October 11th, 2021.