The Jitney Trail was named after the Jitney train. It was built in 1925 as a joint effort by the Ottawa Car & Foundry and CNR. The car was 64 ft. long, weighed 113,800 lbs, seating capacity of 39 in the passenger compartment plus another 17 in the baggage area using drop seats. The train made various runs around New Glasgow to Pictou.
This beautiful recreational trail located on Pictou’s waterfront to Brown’s Point – the landing site of the Ship Hector. Walkers, cyclists and in-line skaters can enjoy a 3-km trail.